Michigan State University – East Lansing, MI
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
Concentration in Sports Reporting; Minor in Jewish Studies
Sports Reporter, The Rocket-Miner Newspaper – Rock Springs, WY
September 2015 – November 2016
- Report on sports at the high school and junior college levels: covering three high schools and Western Wyoming Community College.
- Publish stories for online and print platforms.
- Weekly sports column: Make Up Game.
- Write game previews, gamers, feature stories and profiles.
- Photograph all events covered to aid stories.
Pulliam Fellow/Sports Reporter, The Arizona Republic – Phoenix, AZ
June 2015 – August 2015
- Reported on sports at the high school, college and professional levels.
- Published stories for online and print platforms.
- Learned how to write a running gamer and got experience having stories in at buzzer (Phoenix Mercury).
- Locker room experience – pregame and postgame (Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Mercury and Arizona Cardinals).
- Press Conference experience (Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Mercury, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals)
- Gamers, feature stories, and alternate story platforms.
Contributing Author, Bias Busters: Cultural Competence Guide-East Lansing, MI
August 2014 -May 2015
- Performed cross-cultural interviews, researched, wrote and edited to create 100-question guides to increase understanding of different cultural groups.
- Published 3 guides for multiple print and online platforms: 100 Questions and Answers about Muslims, Veterans, and Jews.
- Guides available on Amazon in about 90 days.
- Worked on a 10-person team.
- Guide is part of a series that addresses race, ethnicity and interfaith issues.
Beat Reporter, Current Sports with Al Martin, WKAR – East Lansing, MI
January 2014 – May 2015
- Covered Michigan State Swimming and Diving.
- Assisted on the set for the Current Sports radio and TV shows.
- Went on location with host Al Martin to cover MSU women’s basketball: shot game footage, covered press conferences.
- Wrote feature story on Cuban Baseball after traveling there in March of 2014.
Intern, The Jerusalem Post – Jerusalem, Israel
June 2014 – August 2011
- Wrote 15 stories on various topics, including: features, police, politics, sports, and public affairs.
- Published 12 times, front page 3 times.
- Reported on Operation Protective Edge.
- Covered riots, protests, and public events in person.
- Covered the World Cup.
- Photographed images to aid stories.
Sports Intern, Hawaii News Now – Honolulu, Hawaii
May 2013 – August 2013
- Produced 2 packages for TV, wrote 4 stories for online.
- Interviewed subjects for stories, captured footage and edited packages.
- Covered baseball, canoe paddling, surfing, UFC, and college football.
- Interviewed a shark attack victim and assisted the newsroom during 2 tropical storms.
Intern/personal assistant, Tom Shanahan – Honolulu, Hawaii (online)
August 2013 – December 2013
- Photographed individuals mentioned to go with stories in Tom Shanahan’s book, A Raye of Light.
- Produced a video on the “Hawaiian Pipeline” to accompany the chapters in the book on the Hawaiian pipeline.
Association for Women in Sports Media (AWSM)
February 2012 – Present
Budget Chair – Michigan State student chapter
August 2014- May 2015
- Managed a budget of $400 per year.
- Collected dues from 20 members.
- Reviewed expenditures and managed revenue.
- Handled donations raised for charities.
- Developed fundraising ideas, planned outings and philanthropy events
- Recruited guest speakers
Social/Activity Chair (officer) –Michigan State student chapter
August 2013 – May 2014
- Promoted events on Twitter and Facebook.
- Developed, planned and executed events to facilitate club engagement.